To fix a missed or stuck backup, follow the steps below in sequential order.
Check the client software to see if the backup has been scheduled
- Ensure that you are on the computer whose backup is being missed
- Open CyberSecure. In Windows, do this by right-clicking the system-tray icon and choosing “Open”
- Go into the backup settings by clicking the “Cog” icon:
- Select the appropriate backup set
- Open the “Backup Schedule” settings and confirm that the “Run scheduled backup on this computer” is TICKED
- Always “Save Settings” to the server to commit any configuration changes
Check the backup scheduler service is running
- Check that the online backup scheduler service is currently running, if it’s not then start it
Stop all backup processes and clear the backup queue
- If the scheduler is running, then the backup may have become stale or stuck, follow these steps on clearing the backup queue.
- Wait until the next scheduled backup, if the backup is still being missed continue onto the next steps
Ensure that power settings do not sleep the computer
- If your computer goes into a sleep mode it will miss the backup, ensure that it’s been set to stay powered on.
Contact CyberSecure support
- If the backups are still being missed, then contact the CyberSecure support team. We can then identify the cause of the issue and provide a resolution.