Backup sets cannot be created in command line mode.
Before accessing the backup application in command line mode, please use the web interface to create the initial user account & backup set.
Add backup set(s)
- Login to the web console
- Create the desired backup set(s) via the web console
Set encryption password
- Run the configurator: sudo /usr/local/obm/bin/Configurator.sh
- It will prompt for an encryption password for each backup set – enter your desired encryption settings, please read our guide about passwords first
- Enable the relevant backup set(s) to be run on this computer
- Quit from the configurator
- Set spooling directory to /tmp in the web console
- Add desired schedule from web console for each backup set
- Seeding/backups can be taken via the “SeedLoad.sh” script
- The “Run scheduled backup on computers named:” field should match the output from the hostname command in linux.
- Check the $HOME/.obm/log/Scheduler/debug.log file for detailed information on the scheduler status. It should look similar to this:
[2011/12/07 15:06:50][info] [BackupSet-0 (1323230680513)] Next backup will run in 0 hr 1 min 9 sec.