- Open the Windows Event viewer from Administrative Tools
- Right-click the “Application” log and choose “Filter current log”
- Select “Critical”, “Error”, “Warning” and choose the source as “ESE”.
This will only show problem events related to the “Extensible Storage Engine”.
- Go through the listed events – carefully checking each one:
- Open and read the event detail – it will describe the issue.
Be sure to check BOTH errors and warnings – as they could each contain useful information for diagnosis:
- From here – it’s highly recommended to determine the cause of the underlying hardware issue – we discuss this in the next phase shown below.