CExBackup::backupService:HrESEBackupSetup: Error Number 0x50d:
Either the target process, or the target thread’s containing process, is a protected process.
This is an error message that is returned by the OS & Exchange, it is not actually an issue with CyberSecure.
It means an attempt to prepare the storage group for backup failed because Exchange believes the storage group is already in the process of being backed up.
- Check under the system Event Viewer if there is any error related to the Exchange database.
- Verify if there is another backup job in progress while the current backup is preparing for backup.
- Verify if there is any other backup application that is performing backup on the same Storage Group.
- The message suggests that the Exchange VSS writer has detected that an earlier Exchange snapshot backup operation is in an unfinished state. Therefore, the current backup operation and all subsequent backup operations are unsuccessful. Check the output of the administrator command “vssadmin list writers”, specifically the “Microsoft Exchange Information Store” – it should be in a “Stable” state with “No error”.
- If an earlier Exchange snapshot backup operation is in progress, wait for the backup operation to finish before you start the next Exchange snapshot backup operation.
- If other backup software is not backing up Exchange at the same time as CyberSecure, many users have seen success simply by rebooting the machine.
Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910250