An error similar to [BackupSetIndex.init]@5749b290 Index corrupted ‘W:\backup-01.cybersecure.com.au\username\files\1297809059982’ occurs either during seeding, or during a local copy backup.
- This problem can occur as a result of too many files within the backup set.
- Some older versions had an issue when using the local copy backup feature.
If the problem is seen during a seed copy or exchange backup:
- Reduce the amount of files within the backup sets – split them out into separate backup sets.
- For exchange backups, run more backups to commit/purge transaction logs more often.
If the problem is seen using the local copy backup feature:
- Upgrade the client software to the latest version
- Delete the .bdm files under the files/ folder on the local copy destination
- Decrypt the local copy into a separate location
- After the “Initializing decrypt action” has completed and it starts creating new folders and files, cancel the operation
- Delete any *.bdm.lck files under the files/ folder on the local copy destination
- Now that the .bdm database has been rebuilt the local backup should now work