- CyberSecure Advanced is installed
- Data selected for backup will be temporarily spooled to a temp directory before being uploaded to the backup server. Please ensure that the temporary directory configured for the backup have sufficient disk space for the backup operation.
- A MySQL user with ALL PRIVILEGES must be prepared for the backup operation, eg:
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO ‘username’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO ‘username’@’localhost.localdomain’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
- FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
- The ‘information_schema’ database is a virtual system database, which contains information about the user databases on the MySQL instance. It is read-only and cannot be backed up.
Setup of mySQL backup set
- Open CyberSecure Advanced on the local mySQL server
- Go into the program settings by using the “Cog” icon:
- Then click the “plus” icon to add a new backup set
- Choose “MySQL” as the backup set type:
- Complete the configuration information to match your installed MySQL instance:
Name: enter a descriptive backup set name
Type: leave as MySQL
Username: mySQL user account with full privileges
Password: password for the mySQL account
Host: should always be localhost
Port: leave as default 3306 unless default port has been changed
Path to mysqldump: should be under the \bin folder where mySQL is installed
- In the backup source selection screen, select the databases for backup.
Important: Do not select the ‘information_schema’ database for backup, it is a read-only database and cannot be backed up.
- Configure a backup schedule for unattended backups, or if you are seeding the data, make sure you remove all schedules until the seeding process has been completed on our servers.
Note: Multiple backup schedules of different types can be configured for the same backup set.
- Select an encryption setting for your backup set – leaving these as defaults will use your login password as the encryption password. Be sure to make a record of your login/encryption password as it will be required for a restore.
- OK through everything and back to the main console
- Save settings back to the offsite servers